Wednesday 7 January 2015

'My True Love Gave To Me'...because 'cold nights are for falling in love (with books)'!


Let's just all take a minute to admire the cover! This is the UK cover of My True Love Gave To Me : Twelve Holiday Stories edited by Stephanie Perkins.
Ain't it a beauty? It is. It. Is.
Let's stare at it a while longer! :D 
I still cannot get over the fact that the edge of the pages are lined with pink!!! :')

Now if you asked me to make a list of my favourite current YA authors I'd probably name most of the writers listed in this book. I've been dying to buy this book since Stephanie Perkins announced that she's editing a collection of 12 festive YA stories by some of the heavy hitting young adult fiction authors (including herself) for christmas.
Like most short story book compilations by various authors, this one too guarantees to be a pile of hits and misses. More hits than misses, I hope. :)

There are 12 stories in here, for the 12 days of Christmas, and I know I'm a bit late to the reading party, but I found out that you can enjoy them whenever you need to revel in a bit of yuletide or festive spirit, which I'll admit, I need pretty much all round the year!

I'm not through the entire book, but I'll keep updating this post as I read a new story and review it for you guys. As for now, I'm literally pumped to read them. :D

Here are the titles of the stories in My True Love Gave To Me,

1. Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
2. The Lady and the Fox by Kelly Link
3. Angels in the Snow by Matt De La Pena
4. Polaris is Where You'll Find Me by Jenny Han
5. It's a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins
6. Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan
7. Krampuslauf by Holly Black
8. What the Hell Have You Done, Sophie Roth? by Gayle Forman
9. Beer Buckets and Baby Jesus by Myra McEntire 
10. Welcome to Christmas, CA by Kiersten White
11. Star of Bethlehem by Ally Carter
12. The Girl Who Woke The Dreamer by Laini Taylor


Have you read any anthologies lately? Do share! :)
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment